- Transdermal gel 50mg in 5g (1%) sachet, 30 per box.
- Manufactured by Besins Healthcare Australia Pty Ltd.
- A doctor’s prescription is required to obtain this medication.
- Available under Authority Prescription to legal males on the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
- Prescribing and price for Testogel® (external link)
- 2013 Product Information Sheet for Testogel®
- Apply Testogel® at the same time each day (preferably every morning). You should apply your daily dose of gel every morning to clean, dry, intact skin. If you take a bath or shower in the morning, use the gel after your bath or shower. Your doctor will tell you how much to use each day.
- Apply Testogel® only to healthy, normal skin on your abdomen (stomach area), shoulders, or upper arms. In this way your body will absorb the right amount of testosterone. Never apply the gel to your genitals or to skin with open sores, wounds, or irritation.
- Wash your hands with soap and water right away after application to reduce the chance that the medicine will spread from your hands to other people.
- Allow the gel dry for a few minutes before you dress. Allow the gel to dry completely before smoking or going near an open flame. Wait 5 to 6 hours before showering or swimming.
- The drug can be transferred by skin-to-skin contact and can have harmful effects on women, especially pregnant women and their unborn babies. Female partners of men who use this gel should contact a physician if they develop signs that the hormone is being transferred, such as acne, increased body hair or other male sexual characteristics.