- Reandron Injection ‘1000’ contains testosterone undecanoate 1 g/4 mL injection, 1 x 4 mL vial in castor oil.
- Supplied/Manufactured by Bayer Australia Ltd.
- A doctor’s prescription is required to obtain this medication.
- Available under Authority Prescription to legal males on the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
- Prescription and price for Reandron 1000® (external link)
- 2014 Product Information Sheet for Reandron 1000®
- Reandron 1000® should be administered very slowly by deep intramuscular (i.m.) injection, usually into the buttock.
- Dosage should be adjusted according to the response of the individual patient. Usually, one injection of 4mls per three months is adequate for Reandron 1000®.
- Testosterone injections should be avoided in men with bleeding disorders, including those men taking anti-coagulants (blood thinning medication).