- Each capsule contains 40 mg of the active ingredient called testosterone undecanoate in oleic acid liquid.
- Manufactured by Merck Sharp & Dohme (Australia) Pty Ltd.
- A doctor’s prescription is required to obtain this medication.
- Available on Authority Prescription to legal males on the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
- Prescription and price for Andriol Testocaps® (external link)
- 2015 Product Information Sheet for Andriol Testocaps
- Andriol Testocaps® must be taken orally with the morning and evening meal with fluid that contains fat (for example, milk) to help the absorption and swallowed whole without chewing. If an uneven number of capsules are to be taken, the greater dose should be taken in the morning.
- The usual dose is between 1 and 2 capsules taken up to 3 times per day. The testosterone levels achieved with this form of treatment do not promote sufficient normal male testosterone levels.
- Capsules are one way to begin treatment slowly.